CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Bug, Meet Windshield. Windshield, Meet Bug.

I don't need much to be happy. USA Today 5 days a week, time to sit down and do the crossword, Trot to make it 24 hours straight without urinating somewhere improper, and most nights during baseball season knowing I've got a Red Sox game to look forward to.

So after working 6 straight days trying to move our business, having my little boy gone for over a week now, shuffling Ang and Ciera back and forth to the airport, and having Captain Pee for Free waking me up at 3:30 the last two mornings by jamming his feet into my lower back I was highly anticipating watching the Sox play the Tigers tonight at 7.

Then, through various Facebook posts I found out the game was on FOX. Again. And my local affiliate wasn't going to show the game. Again. Just as I began to prepare my well thought out, organized, and factual based email filled with expletives to whoever the nimrod is that decided to play God with the baseball schedule at FOX I had one of those random acts of nature that actually worked out to my benefit.

The game got rained out.

Now I've got not one but TWO games to look forward to tomorrow as they play a day/night doubleheader.

My only problem?

How in God's name am I going to convince Trot that going to the recently opened pool on a day that promises to hit about 85 degrees somehow is a BAD idea?

Maybe Cartoon Network will run a 24 hour Scooby Doo marathon.

No comments: